High exposure to dust mites is an important factor in the development of Asthma, especially for children. Dust mites can trigger a lifelong allergic reaction, but, unfortunately, there is no cure for it. In our daily life, there are some common symptoms that can also tell us dust mites have been harming our health. Those symptoms are usually respiratory- related, such as sneezing, itching, watery eyes, running nose, wheezing etc. Other allergic reactions may include headaches, fatigue and depression. If you have young children at home, do pay more attention to some of these signs that could be caused by an allergic reaction due to dust mite contamination, or even worse, an asthmatic allergic reaction. Those symptoms are itchy nose (if your child is frequently rubbing the nose upwards), constant coughing, swollen under eyes, and frequent waking during the night. A general rule of cleaning and sanitizing your mattress is to repeat this procedure every 6 – 12 months.